So earlier this week I was like, "Why am I tossing these tea bottles in the recycling? They're totally a sci-fi gewgaw!"
- Remove label and wash bottle.
- Skip the step of sanding the bottle because I'm lazy and I couldn't find any sandpaper. Even though it's better for the paint job in the long run. I'm a bad prop maker, no cracker.
- Light to medium dusting of flat dark brown around the middle.
- After half an hour, medium dusting of flat black with heavy coverage on the bottom.
- After half an hour, heavy coverage of the top end making sure to get inside the opening.
- Let dry.
I may suspend a red or orange glow stick in the bottle. Some of it will shine through. An LED will be too "sourcey ".