A message from your friendly neighborhood gunsmith:

I've noticed over the last few drops that there are a large number of you experiencing jams, or similar weapon malfunctions. This has, in several cases, led to clickers breaking through an otherwise effectively positioned firing line. Good fighters have gone down due to this, and though we've been incredibly lucky to not lose anyone so far, that luck can't last forever. Therefore, I have some tips and tricks that will help prevent weapon malfunctions in the future.

1. Test all magazines with the weapon you intend to use. Fill it full, and fire off a few shots. Some magazines/clips are not compatible with certain weapons, and others have minute physical imperfections or battle damage which lead the ammunition to not feed properly. Our Virtual Reality Combat Simulator is perfect for this, as it scans your weapon and magazines and accurately maps out imperfections and dirt/debris. Thus, it will simulate jams just like a real combat situation. (OOC: Seriously, magazines are not all built the same. Some just don't fit into the gun properly, or the plastic lip is curled slightly, etc. Between games, load up your magazines and fire each one until empty. If it jams, test it again to try to figure out the problem. If you can't figure out the problem, don't use that magazine with that gun. Inside most nerf guns are specific buttons which need to be depressed before the gun will rev up and/or fire. Ensure that your clip is hitting those buttons. This is a big problem people are having with the Zeus magazines, especially when the gun or magazine are painted.)

2. Properly clean your weapon after firing. During combat actions, you are running around, kicking up dust and debris, and sometimes your weapon may even fall on the ground. Particulate matter can enter through the air ports, and cause jams due to friction. (OOC: Yes, even Nerf Guns need to be wiped down. Dirt will get into the flywheels and the magazines, and can cause damage and misfires. Maybe take a dry toothbrush and scrub the flywheels and feeding mechanism a little bit. This is also good roleplaying, as soldiers are trained to properly care for their weapons. After a clicker rush, maybe spend five minutes cleaning off your gun.)

3. Inspect all rounds prior to loading. Due to our use of caseless propellant rounds, the propellant sheath can become indented or torn from external pressure, or even from sitting in a magazine for too long. These imperfections in the propellant can cause it to not ignite properly, and will result in a misfire. In addition, rounds can pick up dirt and debris from the enviornment, which can have similar effects. Never use rounds you find on the ground without inspecting them first. It is very likely that these rounds have already been fired once in a misfire, which makes it MUCH more likely that they will misfire again. (OOC: I've said this before, but I highly recommend against firing Nerf Darts more than once in this area. Because of the dirt, and the problems we're having, most darts you find on the ground are bent, torn, indented, or dirty. Some of them might be ok, but when Clickers are bearing down on you you don't have time to look at it. And then AFTER combat, you forget to look at the bullet to see if it's ok, and then when you use it later, boom JAM. Also, be sure to unload your magazines after each weekend, preferably even at night after combat is over for the day. If they sit in those plastic magazines for too long they get squished.)

4. (This one is entirely OOC. Please ensure that you are using charged batteries, and THE RIGHT KIND OF BATTERIES. If they are weak, you won't get good revs on your flywheel, and your bullets either won't fire, or won't go very far. If you're using THE WRONG batteries, it won't even turn on. Yes, someone has put the wrong batteries in their gun onsite. I had to fix it for them. Also, don't leave your batteries in your gun between sessions. This will lead to drained batteries and corrosive leaks.)

Of course, as one of the very few folks on site trained in weapon maintenance and repair, I will be happy to take a look at your gun and enact upon it any repairs needed. That said, I would much prefer that my services were not needed due to preventative action, rather than your gun coughing out on you at the worst possible moment. Thank you for your time, and Happy Hunting.

• Dr. Quark