Hello, Planetfall. I have come to an important decision, and it is a decision I do not make lightly.

I am immensely proud of my work on Planetfall, and even more proud of the community of players and friends who have arisen around it. It is without doubt that Planetfall and all my other growing work on LARP technology could not exist without your years of support, your willingness to experiment and your pioneering spirit. But running a campaign LARP game takes time and effort, planning events, managing the community and the thousands of other things required to give a community of players like yourselves the support they deserve. And as both my work in my professional life and my work in Incognita Limited has grown, that time and effort has been harder and harder to come by.

The time has come to make a hard decision, and so Riley and I have decided to step back from managing and running of Planetfall. But, we are not disappearing entirely nor is the game coming to an end. I did not want to make this announcement before I had found a way of continuing to support the community we founded together without changing the character and spirit of our game. To that end, our long-time assistant gamemasters Todd Cole and Michelle Elbert will be stepping up to co-GM the Planetfall game going forward. I will still be involved, as the setting creator as well as writing software and supporting their efforts while they spearhead the science fiction experience you have grown to love and give it the attention it deserves.

Incognita Limited will still be supporting the Planetfall software and app - and in fact, it will be expanding. As our exposure has been increased, more and more games have stepped up to want to contribute to the further development of Planetfall's technology, and in the near future, we will see more games using the core Planetfall technologies and supporting a growing list of features. With Incognita Limited able to focus solely on software and features with more financial support and flexibility, development will be faster and better than before.

This will not be the last time I take on running games. There are great things on the horizon, more than I can tell you about, but I will be taking on new projects that can better fit the realities of my constraints. All of you will always be at the front of my mind and will be the first to know about them.

This has been a very tough thing to write, but it needed to be done. The other option was to allow myself to burn at both ends or stop myself from taking the next steps in my journey, something I know none of you would want me to do. But Michelle and Todd have my utter confidence moving forward, with years of experience running games and with immense passion for Planetfall and what it represents. This coming weekend will be the last game I will be officially heading up for Planetfall. I am excited for the future, and I hope all of you are, too.

Your friend, Matt